baby countdown!!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Dr.'s appointment First Ultrasound

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEW! What a relief!!! Baby is growing just fine, has a strong heartbeat of 160, and measures at 9 weeks today! One day ahead of schedule. It's pretty blurry, but ultrasounds are pretty non-detailed anyhow. The little round things are arms!!! The thing that looks like an umbilical cord is actual the yolk sac - the baby lives on this until the placenta starts growing.

The ultrasound process was not painful, i had heard that a large instrument was inserted into you for the first ultrasound, it was nothing! And no, I'm not large down there. We could see the heart beating on the computer, but it's too small to hear at 9 weeks. She showed us where the blood was circulating too. I guess the baby is right above my pubic bone, no where near my muffin top (fatty waist area). I think I'm starting to gain the ugly 1st Trimester chub. Or maybe its because I'm not running as much - i get out of breath faster and it just seems a lot harder. This is a fact verified by the doctor, i am not insane for thinking running is harder. I'm having a really easy pregnancy so far, I'm very lucky. Just queasiness and food aversions. But I've been feeling great the past couple of days. I have to eat a snack every 3 hours or I'll feel queasy. I wasn't into ground beef for a little bit, but i'm back to my carnivorous self now. The thought of steamed spinach or kale makes me want to gag - i used to eat those at least once a week. The idea of baked salmon also makes me want to gag.

We'll be able to announce it to our friends around Aug.5th. My next appointment is Aug. 18, we'll get to hear the heartbeat! And the last week of September i will be 20 weeks and we'll hopefully find out the gender of the baby!

2 comments:

  1. Hi N! Congrats on your PG, and the u/s looks great. I wanted to ask you before you got the best news, you had a healthy sperm ticker on your blog.. where did you get that from? I really would like one now hubbie has just had his op! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great report and ultrasound! I'm so happy things are going well.

    ReplyDelete