baby countdown!!!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Male Factor Blogs and Vitamin Treatment?


Why can't i find any blogs about MFIF and changing diet/exercise/adding vitamins before doing IVF or IUI's??? I'm preparing my RE visit to end in tears with the dr. telling us IVF with ICSi is our only answer. Am I hoping too much that we can do this naturally??? Are most IVF dr.'s greedy and want to make lab babies instead of telling couples to add vitamins/change diets for a couple months and then try on their own for a while?

Keith at Conscious Conceptions is keeping my head clear and non-depressed with his adamant ideas that vitamins and acupuncture WILL help morphology. When i google "vitamin treatment for sperm" i find plenty of forums of ladies talking about a new diet plan for their hubby's and their sperm got better in 3 months. Why won't anyone write a blog about it so i can stalk them to see if they ended up getting pregnant on their own.

its the Ups and Downs i tell ya!!! note to self, stop researching. again.

4 comments:

  1. Hey N, thanks for stopping by my blog. Seems like we have a lot in common with MFI and trying to find natural solutions. I wrote a post about my hubbie's improvement using acupuncture and supplements and lifestyle changes: http://thepitter-patter.blogspot.com/2009/04/every-sperm-is-sacred.html
    Also you should check out books by Marylin Glenville, specifically Natural Solutions to Infertility it has helped us so much. Does your hubbie ride a bike? We found out last year that that's a big no no. Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! :)

    I know, isn't Dr. Google filled with random info that almost contradicts itself?? *sigh* MFI feels like a tricky beast. I read SO MUCH about different vitamins and what not that it was overwhelming. I just put my DH on a multi-vitamin and extra vitamin C.

    Has your DH been to a MFI urologist? They can also test hormone levels and check for things like varicoceles (which my DH had) that can effect fertility. Keep up the good work researching, although don't let it make you crazy (it nearly did me, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any blogs about it...but again, there are few MFI (aside from AZO) blogs as it is...and there is a wide range of MFI as you have probably read.

    For us, for example, in addition to the )0% morph we had counts between only 200K and 1.5 million...so there was truly NO other option besides IVF/ICSI. A lot of times that is the case.

    I think when, as in your case, the #s are high, but morph/motility is low, there may be more options, and hopefully the natural cures you are seeking would be more of a true solution. My husband is already on most of those vitamins...and on his second SA the morph was 1%, which is fine with me because we definitely had enough for IVF/ICSI.

    It sounds like you already have an RE appt set up...and hopefully they will have more options for you than having to do IVF/ICSI.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can, you may want to have DH see an acupuncturist or homeopathic doctor. Sometimes, it helps to get advice from a person with more than a Google medical degree. :)

    ReplyDelete