baby countdown!!!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ups and Downs All Arounds

(This is not a photo of MY husband)

So I've been researching and driving hubby up the wall. BUT we finally had a breakthrough ie. I broke him. He's going to cut wayyyyy back on alcohol until his sperm get better. He has a big fishing trip after his second S/A and will probably drink a bunch with the boys, and I'm fine with that. I don't think that drinking really causes bad morphology. TONS of people drink and are still able to get preggers. I wonder if he realizes this could be for 3 months, i mean, i told him, but was he really listening?

He's going to cut back to no drinking during the work week, and 1-2 glasses on his off nights. I'm so proud of him! I had to ask him if he thought he had a drinking problem and forced ourselves to talk about the idea of talking about where our goals are in life . . . he was complaining and whining sooooooo much about it not being fair that he had to stop drinking. I tried the nice approach and told him yeah, its not fair and that I'm so proud of him for being open to cutting back. I tried the angry approach, I've quit caffeine and drinking for the past 10 months and will HAVE to stop all those when we do get preggers for 9 months and then some while i'm breastfeeding . . . all he could think about was how he didnt want to cut back and how it isnt fair. Poor guy, they deal with infertility situations so much more angrily than women.

We've also decided that if we had to we would do IVF and make adjustments for the costs. I really hope we can have a baby naturally. His sperm WILL get better. Maybe not by the next S/A test, but maybe in August he will have healthy sperm. Ugh, so far away . . .

On a lucky note - I was supposed to run a 5K last weekend but couldn't since i had to be a slave to my mom for mother's day, I won a door prize for the race. I told my friend that she could have it if she picked it up and she forgot to, but they mailed it to me! guess what it is???? a free 1 hour Reike massage:
"Reike healing is the usage of spiritual energy to heal a person's aura or situation. The word "Reiki" actually translates to "Universal Life Force Energy." Massage is the process of rubbing or kneading different parts of the body for therapeutic reasons or purposes"
One of them being reproductive issues!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee!!! hubby is going to love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment